Spiritual Life - Kindergarten
Throughout your child’s education at OLMC School, they will have many opportunities to participate in spiritual and community service activities. Each grade offers unique opportunities to help children develop their faith by building on earlier teachings. Please review the individual grade levels to learn more about some of the specific activities offered in our classrooms.
Spiritual and Community Service Activities
- Daily Prayer: Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Guardian Angel, Grace before lunch, and special intentions/dialogue prayer
- Present parents with weekly Gospel question for family discussion
- Bible reading and stories
- Visits to the Blessed Sacrament
- Honoring the Blessed Mother with weekly fresh flowers to her statue in our classroom
- Stations of the Cross
- Attend Rosary each morning in May
- Participate in the Trek through the Desert
- Listening and meditating to sacred music
- Pet blessing on Feast of St. Francis of Assisi
- Advent activities such as: daily prayer, creating Advent chains, Advent coloring books, etc.
- Studying Resurrection Eggs during Lent and creating a Lenten coloring book
- Create an Angel art project on the Feast of Guardian Angel