Vote for Mr. Burkhardt
Plans for next month’s STEM Day are already underway, and thanks to ThankAmericasTeachers.com, in association with Farmers Insurance, OLMC may have the opportunity to make STEM Day even better.
Arizona Private Education Scholarship Fund Inc., Open House
Oct 25 6:00p - 7:00p
An opportunity to meet and mingle with those of you who want to know more about what APESF, Inc. does.
9th Annual Night of Hope
Nov 5 5:30p
Night of Hope is an evening celebrating the Catholic schools in the Diocese of Phoenix.
Dad's Club Meeting
Nov 7 5
at Devil’s Advocate Sports Grill, 955 E. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281
Why choose a Catholic education?
Selecting a school for your children is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic School believes in providing a holistic Catholic Christian environment that serves the soul, mind and body of each student we serve. OLMC strives to foster an environment that promotes Faith & Tradition, Citizenship, Knowledge, Service, and Opportunities for all students through the implementation of the school’s Student Learning Expectations (SLE’s). Our goal is to prepare each student who graduates from OLMC to be:
A Faith Follower who:
- demonstrates knowledge of Catholic teachings and traditions
- is an active participant in a community of faith
- gives to those in need
- develops a morality based on Catholic values
A Responsible Citizen who:
- knows and uses the Discipline With Purpose skills
- explores concepts, ideas, and issues that have significance in the student’s life
- shows respect for authority
- demonstrates school and civic responsibility
- expresses patriotism
- models positive sportsmanship and team building behaviors
An Effective Communicator who:
- applies listening skills
- uses oral and written language effectively
- demonstrates a foundation for communicating in a second language
- exhibits creativity and talents through self-expression
A Critical Thinker and Problem Solver who:
- anticipates and assesses problems
- applies complex problem solving and critical thinking to real life scenarios
- integrates information learned across the curriculum
- demonstrates the use of cognitive organizers
A Quality Producer who:
- works both independently and cooperatively
- uses technology skillfully and effectively
- identifies, organizes and accomplishes realistic goals
If you and your child are interested in learning more about our school, please call us at 480-967-5567 to schedule a campus tour or “shadow” day where your child can participate in the classroom activities for a day.